Frequently Asked Questions:
- General Questions
- Code of Conduct
- Hotel Questions
- Registration Questions
- Email Questions
- Trail Questions
- Themes for the Weekend
Question: Why 10/6-10/9/17 in Phoenix?
We know this conflicts with the annual DC Red Dress Run as well as the Parker Campout which is heavily attended by Phoenix hashers. Both of these are great events and we do apologize! Every attempt was made to not interfere with longstanding events. However, as we live in the valley of the sun(burn), finding a 3 day holiday weekend where people won’t die of heat stroke is tricky. Independence Day and Labor Day weekend would legitimately present a health risk for trails in the heat. It wouldn’t be fun or funny, it WOULD be dangerous. We prefer to risk your health with binge drinking. Memorial Day weekend and Columbus Day weekend are pretty similar as far as average temperatures. Columbus Day was chosen because it is nearest to the widely accepted time frame where InterAm is usually scheduled. We are hoping that if we beg for forgiveness (on our knees) and throw you all a wonderful event, then you will pardon us. And really, honor to Christopher Columbus for having the foreskin, err, foresight, to put a 6 and a 9 in a date all prepped for 2017.
Question: What will the weather be like?
Let’s be serious, it’ll still be hotter than the certain Hell we are all going to. Averages that weekend in Phoenix are a high of 92 and a low of 68 degrees fahrenheit. It’s a dry heat. But we promise you’ll get wet. Unless there is some sort of anomaly, expect no precipitation, sunshine everyday, and beautiful sunrises and sunsets. BVC, we are not kidding about that. Drink copious amounts of water, wear sunscreen, find shade, and take advantage of the options to cool off when they are there. Please take this seriously, we want everyone to be safe. Scraping a fried hasher off of the ground is less fun than baking cookies in your car via sunlight. Here, we even Googled for you if you’d like to check out some weather history, try http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/phoenix/arizona/united-states/usaz0166
Question: Can I bring my kid or 20 year old sex friend to InterAm?
We’ve had a few people ask if they or their husband/boyfriend/both could stay at the hotel if they were not registered for the event. Here’s the deal (and we think it’s pretty fucking fantastic):
InterAm 2017 is taking over the entire resort; every room, every casita. The resort will be the central hub for the entire event. Our contract with the hotel let us reserve the entire water park all weekend for just us, some of the hotel bars will be serving our free beer, the open areas will be used for serving food and we are completely taking over the conference rooms. The resort is Inter Americas 2017.
Because of this, we want to be very clear so there are not any misunderstandings or hurt feelings down the road. If you do not have a rego for InterAm you will not be allowed at the hotel. This includes:
- Reserving a hotel room and just hanging out.
- Partying in your kennel’s casita and not doing trails.
- Stopping by to say “hi”.
- Popping in for a quickie.
Please don’t make us be the bad guy and ask you to leave. Because we will, and that’s no fun for any of us.
Please direct any complaints about this policy to:
Rumson Hash House Harriers Facebook Page
Nudity is not allowed. Please respect the hotel staff by keeping your clothes on unless you are in your hotel room or casita. We really appreciate your support! As we said above…Please don’t make us be the bad guy and ask you to leave. Because we will, and that’s no fun for any of us.
Question: Will this just be a bigger PH3 RDR type event?
Gosh do I adore the absolute debauchery and filth I’ve seen and done at previous Phoenix Red Dress Runs. Sure you all can throw a large event that is a great time. However, this is the InterAmerica’s Hash. Is this going to be like your RDR?
We completely recognize the differences and will work our asses off to cultivate an atmosphere that will be in the vein of traditional InterAm’s. There will be a much larger focus on trails. We will be getting you out of the city, off neighborhoods streets, to shiggy and water, and also showcasing things in the Southwest that you probably didn’t even know about. Expect a lot of busing. A lot. There will be some trails in town, but we understand the importance of finding locations for Saturday and Sunday trails that provide elevation, beautiful scenery, and nature. There will be skits and a Mr. and Miss InterAm. Of course there will be religion and singing, what do you think this is?! That doesn’t mean there won’t be plenty of pool time, hey, we ARE still Phoenix.
Code of Conduct
This event is large, and in order for a group of unpaid volunteers to mismanage it, we need everyone’s help. Below is a list of rules that we expect all attendees to follow. Failure to comply with all Code of Conduct guidelines may result in removal from the event – including the hash hotel property. No refund will be given. This includes, but is not limited to, the cost of your rego. Please be on your best behavior. Show respect to visiting kennels, local businesses, hotel staff, and your fellow hashers, including InterAm Mismanagement.
- Consent. No means no.
• If someone says NO, do not manipulate, badger, pressure, etc. the person.
• Being naked does not imply consent to be touched. Ask first!
• If someone is too drunk to consent, that is also a NO.
• Do not violate anyone else’s personal space.
• If you need help, go to a security guard or a Phoenix InterAm GM. The 3 InterAm GM’s are California Creamin’, Whore’s Whisperer, and Donkey Dildo Delight.
• Please watch this video on consent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQbei5JGiT8.
- VIOLENCE AND/OR ASSAULT. Violence or assault of any kind is not permitted and is grounds for immediate removal from the event.
- PHOTOGRAPHY/VIDEOGRAPHY. Do not publish or share any photos, videos, or details of InterAm on social media or elsewhere without express permission of those involved. Hashers are a close knit community that rely on your discretion. Use sound judgement on what you post, even within “Secret” and “Closed” Hashing groups.
- THEFT. No stealing. It’s that simple!
- NUDITY. No nudity in any public space within Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort. This includes, but is not limited to, the coverage of:
• Male and female genitals
• Pubic and buttocks area
• Female breasts – pasties are NOT sufficient.
Hotel staff will be on site, and there are surrounding residences within viewing distance of the resort. This is non-negotiable.
- ARIZONA STATE LAWS. You are expected to comply with Arizona state laws, including open container, public intoxication, and nudity. Here are two pertinent laws, but please inform yourself about the others.
- ARIZONA 13-1402. Indecent exposure; classifications
A. A person commits indecent exposure if he or she exposes his or her genitals or anus or she exposes the areola or nipple of her breast or breasts and another person is present, and the defendant is reckless about whether the other person, as a reasonable person, would be offended or alarmed by the act. B. Indecent exposure does not include an act of breast-feeding by a mother. C. Indecent exposure to a person who is fifteen or more years of age is a class 1 misdemeanor. Indecent exposure to a person who is under fifteen years of age is a class 6 felony.
- ARIZONA Revised Statutes Section 13-3501 defines nudity as the showing of the human male or female genitals, pubic area or buttocks with less than a full opaque covering, or the showing of the female breast with less than a fully opaque covering of any portion thereof below the top of the nipple, or the depiction of covered male genitals in a discernibly turgid state.
- ARIZONA 13-1402. Indecent exposure; classifications
- GLASSWARE. No glass is allowed in public areas. This includes pools and trails. People will be drinking, and glass gets broken.
- INTOXICATION. If you find a hasher that is highly intoxicated, please get them to a safe place. Feel free to enlist the help of InterAm Mismanagement or a security guard.
- TRESPASSERS. Being on site without a Phoenix InterAm rego is considered trespassing and is grounds for removal. Only those wearing a wristband will be allowed to take part in all facets of the event including, but not limited to, trails, hashpitality suites, bazaar, pools, etc. Do not encourage others to crash the event.
- ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES. The selling of illegal substances and/or the consumption of illegal substances will not be tolerated.
- ROOMS. Do not go in anyone’s guest room without permission.
- COMPLIANCE WITH SECURITY. Comply with all security personnel. They are also acting on behalf of Phoenix InterAm Mismanagement and are not there to ruin anyone’s fun; they are hired to keep everyone safe and to keep things running as smoothly as possible.
- HASH RESPECT. Watch your language around non-hashers. Don’t be abusive to the staff, the businesses that are supporting us, or the general public. Be kind to each other.
2017 Phoenix InterAm’s Mismanagement reserves the right to change, modify, or add to these guidelines at any time. Thank so much for helping us make this event fun and safe for all. Reading is hard, hashing is easy…you’re easy? Are you hard?!
Q: Will I get Hilton Honors points for my stay and all the perks of my status?
A: You will get points for your purchases at the hotel that weekend and your usual HHonors perks, but you won’t get a room upgrade. We have the entire hotel booked so that won’t be a possibility. If you would like more specific info please contact the hotel or check their website to see what they offer for their Hilton Honors members.
Question: What’s the deal with the hotel?
Click on over to the resort page! It’s fantastic. We are so excited! You should be so excited!
Question: Are taxes included in the room price posted on the resort page?
No, you’ll need to add the 12.5% tax rate to the hotel price. Math is hard.
Question: What happens if I’m not able to make it to InterAm but I’ve already booked a hotel room? Will I get my money back?
A Yes!! All you need to do is contact the hotel reservation system and let them know you need to cancel your reservation. You will be fully refunded as long as you do so at least a month in advance of the event.
Question: How do I get there?
Please see the directions page: Here
Sky Harbor International Airport is in the heart of Phoenix! (PHX) You will be able to fly here from any country. Here is a link. Try a large search engine for flights, Kayak, Tripadvisor, Priceline, or whatever your hashy heart prefers (https://www.google.com/flights/#search;t=PHX;d=2017-10-01;r=2017-10-14). Southwest Airlines is also a good option into and out of Sky Harbor, and it doesn’t normally show up in those broad based travel search engines. Check their website individually. You can also check two bags for free with Southwest. There is a second option called Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, http://www.phxmesagateway.org/. It is located in a suburb of Phoenix so it is a bit of a drive. It is tiny. There is one commercial airline that fly’s out of there, check Allegiant Air for information.
Question: Is there a Lost and Found?
The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak will be handling Lost and Found at Resort Registration, aka the front desk in the lobby. Please turn in anything you cum across there, and go there if you have lost an item.
Question: Is it possible for me to still buy a rego to the InterAmerica’s Hash?
No. It is nearly impossible to find anywhere to fit 2000 hashers as is. There is no leeway there to take on more attendees. However, buy from a friend! All registrations are transferable. You know the drill, with an event that sold out in 3 days 25 months before the event, I think MAYBE a hasher or two MIGHT have a change of plans and sell their rego. Chat up your friends. And lovers.
Question: How do I transfer my registration? (SELL IT FOR $199 ONLY)
Hello InterAm attendees and those who would like to attend. Looks like some clarification and a decision needs to be made here. (3/21/2017)
Question: How do I transfer my registration?
If you are selling your rego, you’re silly, but hey, it’s alright, we still love you. Don’t you dare charge any other person in our hashing community even 69 cents over what you paid for it. To recap, everyone paid $199 for their rego. Sell it for that. Or less. If you don’t, you’re a jerk, and people will shame you. G see’s all and hashers certainly can’t keep their mouth shut for any number of reasons. Work out payment between yourselves, and when you and the buyer have shaken hands on it, given handy’s over it, whatever, go into hashingtickets.com and go through the transfer registration process. Done.
We may have to make sure to stop this abuse by refunding the original amount and removing the offending hasher from InterAm. Selling your InterAm registration for more than you paid is a dick move, don’t do it. If we find out it is happening, we will refund your $199 rego and you will no longer be attending Phoenix InterAm.
Decision made by your InterAm GMs and we’ll now have one more thing to worry about. Thanks.
More info: The Who’s Cumming List is not attached to the official registration site, and is updated manually. Just because you don’t see your name on there, doesn’t mean you’re not rego’d. To confirm you have a registration, access HashingTickets.com.
If you’re not receiving emails, please follow the instructions on the FAQ page of our website. Click on this link to access FIX MY EMAIL
<http://www.phoenixhhh.com/details/faq/#email> then let me know and I’ll resend your welcome email to confirm the issue has been corrected.
You can make all sorts of updates to your account by clicking the link in your welcome email. This will take you to your ticket page where you can change addresses, names, shirt size, and meat preference (because you just realized that by being a vegetarian, you have to give up bacon).
Didn’t keep your welcome email? Go to HashingTickets.com, click Manage My Purchased Tickets at the top of the page, then enter the requested information and the welcome email will be resent to you. Keep the email as that’s the easiest way to access your rego information.
You can complete a ticket transfer by accessing your ticket via the above instructions. The page has a button on the right side of the page which will allow you to do that. Just click the button, and follow the instructions! Just make sure you’ve received your $199 first!
If any of these answered your questions, please send me a quick follow up email letting me know, and I’ll be able to move on that much more quickly to assist others.
Question: I didn’t purchase a rego because I was masturbating for those three days they were being sold. May I still cum? I won’t drink a bit of your alcohol or eat any food. I just want to stop by the hotel and see some friends.
Answer: No. Everyone purchased a rego for a private hashing event. If you do not have a wristband saying you purchased an InterAm rego and checked in with us, you will be escorted out by security.
Question: I don’t think I am getting the emails that are being sent out to registered hashers.
Some web based email hosts may move our email blasts using Mail Chimp to your spam folder.
Please use the following site to assist with your preferred email host, it covers all but AOL:
Quick Gmail help: (Others are similar – Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, Compuserve, Pine, etc. – see above links)
- In Gmail, click the “Create a Filter” link which is placed just next to the search box.
- In the From: field, enter the email addresses, domain names or even actual names of people who you would like to whitelist. You can separate multiple entries using OR (in Caps) or with the bar (|) sign.
- Domains using pipe: mailchimp.com|phoenixhhh.org|phoenixhhh.com
- Domains using OR: mailchimp.com OR phoenixhhh.org OR phoenixhhh.com
- Once your filter is ready, click Next and select “Never Send it to Spam.”
- Sit back, enjoy a tasty beverage and watch your Interam emails pour in as smoothly as that beverage feels pouring down your throat.
Question: I have a great idea for a trail! How do I submit it?
Please see the trail page for more!!! TRAILS
Question: Can I just crash a trail?
You may wonder to yourself, “Well I think I’ll just crash one of the InterAm trails because I want some exercise. I really won’t drink or eat anything. I couldn’t afford a rego, I just want to hang out. Really, what are you going to do about it?”
No: You will be asked to leave. Please don’t make things harder for us. Hash respect.
But I’m a local Phoenix hasher, you know me, I think you even like me. Remember that one night we only sort of remember when we made some questionable decisions behind a dumpster? I’ll even come by and help out, I just didn’t purchase an InterAm rego!
No, but let’s negotiate a future dumpster blackout for a time other than the 4 days devoted to InterAm registrants. Or certainly, cum to the regularly scheduled Phoenix hashes before or after InterAm!
Question: Trail times.
I tend to complain a lot. I’m still having PTSD about 6am paper trail sign up’s in the Portland lobby in 2015. How the heck are you going to improve upon that situation?
This has garnered a ton of hotly contested discussion. Nothing has been finalized yet. Settle down. It’s going to be ok.
Question: Trail Sponsorship?
All trails at InterAm will be available to be hared by other kennels. We will hand over a hare-ready trail, all you need to do is stick your name on it and help with circle. We’ll have more information and signup online forms available in the coming months. See the TRAILS page for more information.
Our volunteer form is now available! If you are interested in helping out during InterAm, please use the link below to sign up and be a hash hero!
Question: What are the themes for the weekend?
Friday: “Stake Your Claim” (Head out west, prospector! Strike it rich and wear your kennel colors/happi coats!)
Saturday: “Ho Down-Down” (Giddy-up, cow-pokers! Welcome to the wildest shin-dig in the west! Grab a sarsaparilla from the saloon and saddle up a pool floaty – you’re in for a night of rustlin’ and hustlin’!)
Sunday: “It’s Your Phuneral” (69 Ways hasn’t killed you yet?? Then strap on a black dress or Day of the Dead gear and mourn the loss of your dignity and self-respect. Join the rest of InterAm for a night of celebration as we push daisies and shuffle off this mortal coil.)
Question: What about the sandworms?
The sandworms aren’t nearly as big of a problem as they are made out to be on TV. Most locals rely on them to get to and from their jobs. Yearly fatalities are in the low hundreds.
More to come…as more questions come in, we will update this page.