When do we BASH and some general guidelines for haring:
Please remember that the BASH is 21 years of age an older. There will be alcohol and even though you may love your under 21 friend or child, they cannot join us. Please help us stay out of trouble.
Winter – days:
- Months: October – May
- Day of the month: Second Sunday
- Time: 1130am
- Length: 10-18 miles
- Type: Trail – see Marks section
- Lights: Not necessary since we’re riding during the day
Summer – nights:
- Months: June – September
- Time: 7:30pm
- Length: 8-10 miles
- Type: Group bar ride with a food stop mixed in – food stop can be a bar
- Lights: Light up your bikes with colorful lights!!!
When should I do the first beer stop?
A Beer Near at the BASH just means we are stopping to drink beer/wine/etc. out of the cooler pulled in the beer chariot. It is an honor to pull the chariot, you are the protector of the golden nectar. Take this job seriously, we take our booze seriously! We normally stop in a park for a BN, but any area we can stop and safely consume a tasty beverage is a good BN.
Over the past years (started in May, 2011) we’ve figured out that 2.5-3 miles is a good stop for our first Beer Near because most flats, breakdowns occur within that distance and we can assist those riders at that BN.
- Make sure that the restaurant is bicycle friendly
- Safe place to park and lock up our bicycles
- Pick a moderately priced bar/restaurant that serves brunch items & alcohol
Keep it simple. It’s difficult to stop often to make